The Multimodal Task Force provides a forum for communications, guidance, and resources focused on planning, policy, and performance management for multimodal issues related to passenger transportation in order to support balanced representation of all surface transportation modes in transportation planning and policy.
Multimodal Task Force Goals:
- Support balanced representation of all surface transportation modes in transportation planning and policy.
- Support connectivity, mobility, accessibility, and safety for all surface transportation modes.
- Support coordination between existing AASHTO committees and councils related to surface transportation modes and identify opportunities to improve consideration of multimodal issues in AASHTO activities and federal policy.
- Provide guidance and comments on Notices of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRMs) related to multimodal transportation from USDOT.
- Support the furtherance of multimodal policies established in MAP-21 and the FAST Act and work to advocate for multimodal policies in future surface transportation acts.
- Provide recommendations and modal policies, as necessary, to the COP Subcommittee on Policy to ensure full consideration of all surface transportation modes in planning and policy.
- Provide a forum to disseminate and exchange information, experiences and best practices amongst the Task Force and Committee on Planning, and promote practices that encourage a balanced representation of all surface transportation modes in planning and policy.